The Anxiety-Online course is available as a Therapist-Supported online course. You are fully supported throughout the intervention via email with opt-in online meetings using the Zoom telehealth platform.
A Research Project (between 2 March - 31 May 2019) to test its effectiveness as a Self-Directed for those with mild-moderate anxiety is complete. It was free to access for those meeting the criteria.
- One third of participants completed the intervention and reduced their anxiety score to "normal level of anxiety"
- Two-thirds of participants failed to complete (this attrition rate is around the average for self-help interventions)
- One participant that did not fully meet the criteria unsurprisingly did not benefit
Criteria for the Self-Directed intervention is detailed at the bottom of this page
Criteria for participation in the Self-Directed De-Program Anxiety research project (Completed 31 May 2019)
What you would be expected to do:
- Complete the full course week by week over 6 weeks
- Send in weekly feedback using Progress Check forms (takes only a few minutes at the start of each new module)
- Complete and send in a final repeat anxiety measure to compare your end score with your initial score at the end of the course
- Send in a "Review/Evaluation" of the course
Do you meet the criteria to participate?
- Feel able to work self-directed (limited therapist support - feedback from weekly Progress Checks)
- Have an anxiety score between 10 and 24
- Have a low mood score of 7 or less
- Not currently receiving counselling or therapy for anxiety or depression
- Be over 18 years old